Earlier this month I attended a photography workshop in Grand Rapids. It was offered by Jen Kroll, John Pottenger and Holly Henderson .
It was so much fun!
These three Pros provided models for us to photograph. For starters, we got the chance to shoot a maternity session indoors with studio and natural (available) light. Then we went to the JW Marriott and tried our hand at photographing some model Bride & Grooms. The room layout and lighting was a challenge, so we were able to try problem-solving.
Lunch was provided and was really good. It gave us a break and a chance to visit with each other.
The afternoon led us to some really cool outdoor settings. Even though we were shooting the same subjects, it was fun seeing how each photographer's different perspective changed the final product.
The whole time we were shooting, the three pros offered hints, tips & instructions. They were very encouraging & easy to work with. Afterwards, I felt much more comfortable photographing posed shots. I enjoyed the rest of the group that attended too. Everyone was great. It was interesting to hear everyone's stories about how photography fit into their lives.
Attending this workshop helped build my confidence and added to my enthusiasm for this hobby of mine. I didn't want the day to end! The only bad part is that now I want a new camera!
Thanks, Jen, Holly & John!
Here are some of the photos I took at the workshop:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
These are great! Nice meeting you -although we didn't get much of a chance to chat. Stay in touch!
Kelly Braman
Awesome job! I was oohing and ahhing through the whole thing. You will have to email that funny shot of me by the tracks with Liz.
Don't feel bad about posting so late. I haven't even had the chance to look at my files yet :)
Best
Holly
BTW, I don't have a blogger account - Corey e is my husband
Post a Comment