Monday, June 30, 2008

Brandy the Beagle


Well, I have another foster dog. She is a 5 year old Beagle named Brandy. She is a doll! It's really nice to care for a dog that is past all that "puppy stuff". She doesn't chew anything that isn't hers and isn't a constant barker. She's not destructive and is one of the first fosters that my dog, Freckles is comfortable around. That makes me VERY happy!

We've had a few hairy moments when she get's a whiff of a rabbit and takes off as fast as she can. Those darn collars with the plastic clasp just "pop" open with a good hard jerk. I've seen it happen three times now! I finally got smart and put a buckle collar on her. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this works better. I'm so afraid that I'll lose her one of these days while we're on our walks. Everytime it happens, I'm a wreck until I get her back on the leash. I really hope we're past that now.
I have a feeling she'll be with us for awhile. So far, no one has put in an application for her. It sure is funny how people have trouble seeing the benefit of adopting adult dogs. I think that I'm the lucky one...if someone is going to be spending time with us, it might as well be a good girl like Brandy.

No comments: