
This is Benelli. He's a 3 1/2 year old Spinone Italiano that I adopted this past New Year's weekend.
I had been wanting a Spinone for quite a while. I didn't know if I'd ever really have one of my own when almost magically, I found out about this guy needing a home. Not only was he at a rescue and up for adoption, he was only about an hour away...right here in Michigan! When I was chosen as his new mom, I was thrilled. Life around our house has never been the same!
Benelli's beginning was pretty rough. He was a sick, skinny boy when he first came to live with us. I think the stress of being moved around wore him down. He got kennel cough and it quickly turned into pneumonia. It took about a month to get him back to good health, but all that work was well worth it.Spinone personalities are unique. They are funny, loving and gentle. I call him our "pacer" because he's always on the go. His favorite things are going for a walk or a car ride. If he sees me grab a leash, his tail starts wagging and doesn't stop 'til we're back home. I love taking both he & Freckles for a walk. It's a great workout for all three of us. Freckles is the consistent one. She just trots along and Benelli spends his time trying to make sure he's in front of her. As a result, he keeps wanting to speed up. With those long legs of his, it's all I can do to keep up with them- while not getting their leashes tangled at the same time! I'm sure we're quite the sight.
I love his clownish personality & looks. I'm thankful every day that he's part of my family (even though he IS the messiest drinker in the world and a sock eater)!

No comments:
Post a Comment